This document provides guidance on the submission of your Final Manuscript or Summary to COMCAS 2023.
To facilitate the submission of papers, COMCAS 2023 will follow a 2-step paper submission process with the following options:
- Initial submission – full paper, Final – full paper (with publication in IEEE Xplore)
- Initial submission – summary, Final – full paper (with publication in IEEE Xplore)
- Initial submission – summary, Final – summary (conference program only)
As a first step of the paper submission process, COMCAS 2023 permitted initial submission of full papers or paper summaries. The third option was provided so that authors may present their work at COMCAS 2023, but without going through the rigors of IEEE Xplore requirements.
This document provides guidance on the submission of your final manuscript or summary to COMCAS 2023. The deadline for Final Manuscripts and Summaries 4 September 2023.
COMAS 2023 will feature the following awards:
- The Mini-Circuits Harvey Kaylie Best Paper Award
- The Mini-Circuits Harvey Kaylie Best Student Paper Award
- The European Microwave Association (EuMA) Student Paper Awards
To qualify for any of the above awards:
- A full paper of 4 to 6 pages in length had to be submitted and accepted. Authors should have received notification by now.
- Student Paper awards only apply to papers where the first author is a student and where the student presents the paper.
The IEEE Xplore® Digital Library will serve as the official proceedings digest of COMCAS 2023. Authors may submit a summary paper only. When this option is applied, accepted papers will be published in the on-line proceedings that will be distributed at the conference to COMCAS 2023 attendees only; however, these summary papers will not be published in IEEE Xplore. Those authors desiring to have their manuscript included in the IEEE Xplore official digest must submit their final full papers 2 to 6 pages in length in a two-column IEEE format on or before 4 September 2023. We again emphasize that only full manuscripts at least 4 pages in length will qualify for the student paper and best paper awards.
1. Final Manuscript or Summary Submission
As stated above, COMCAS 2023 will permit initial submission of full papers or paper summaries. Please click links in the Authors Instructions web page to obtain the appropriate templates.
Please note the following requirements, which will be strictly enforced:
- Submit all manuscripts and summaries to the COMCAS 2023 Manuscript Submission Web Site (link below) for consideration as an oral or poster presentation. Authors desiring to submit more than one paper must repeat the manuscript submission process for each paper. An author may present up to two papers covered by his/her registration (see instructions below).
- File format must be PDF. This will be the only format accepted. Documents written in Word, LaTeX, and other formats must be converted to PDF before submission to the website. PDF eXpress is available to perform the conversions of submitted documents to IEEE-conforming PDFs (see below).
- Limit the submitted document to 6 pages and to 10-Megabyte file size. These limits will be strictly enforced. Remember, to qualify for publication in IEEE Xplore, the minimum manuscript length must be 2 pages; to qualify for the Best Paper or Student paper awards, this page count minimum is 4 pages.
- Be sure to supply all requested information in the manuscript submission process (link provided below).
- Manuscripts and summaries must be written in English.
- Full manuscripts must follow the provided templates, which can conform to US or International dimensions (click links in the Authors Instructions web page to obtain the templates). Separate templates are also provided for summary submissions; it is required that summaries follow these templates.
- Manuscript title, authors, and their affiliations should be clearly stated at the beginning of the manuscript text. This information will also be entered into the manuscript submission system.
- All submitted initial manuscripts, final manuscripts and summaries will be reviewed by the COMCAS Technical Program Committee to assure proper page layout and quality.
- COMCAS 2023 will not accept plagiarized content. This includes re-used content from an author's prior publication in a journal, conference proceeding, or earlier COMCAS event. Plagiarism will be checked for; thus, authors are obliged to submit new content. Likewise, use of content without attribution will be flagged. Such papers risk rejection.
In submitting the final manuscript, authors should make sure all corrections to their initial manuscripts are made, and when applicable, address recommendations pointed out during the paper review. This submission will also provide authors the opportunity to supply additional data, update results, reinforce presented concepts, and provide other information to their initial manuscript.
Additional Information for Manuscript Submission:
- At least one presenter from each accepted contribution must register for the COMCAS 2023 Conference by4 September 2023 in order to be included in the final program. The final manuscript must likewise have been uploaded into the submission system for publication by the due date for the final manuscript submission. Up to two papers can be covered by a single registration.
- Expenses for travel and conference attendance, including registration fee, are the responsibility of each presenter.
- All papers must be submitted with an IEEE copyright authorization form. This step will apply to the final submission.
A complete submission requires the following actions:
- Update your manuscript (or summary) as necessary, proof-read it, and check its layout. Links to templates providing guidance on the full paper layout are provided in the Authors Instructions page of the COMCAS Website. Publications that are to appear in IEEE Xplore must follow the templates! If a submitted final paper does not follow the templates provided, the paper will be sent back for resubmission.
- Convert your document to a PDF file.
- Go to the COMCAS 2023 Manuscript Submission page (below) to input the required information and upload your manuscript or summary PDF document.
All of these actions must be completed prior to the final manuscript submission deadline of 4 Sept. 2023.
2. Instructions for Manuscript or Summary Preparation
NOTE: If you are submitting more than one paper, you will need to repeat the submission process for each paper.
Step 1. Prepare your Manuscript using the templates provided here (https://www.comcas.org/TechnicalProgram/TemplatesLinks.aspx ). Templates for Word and instructions for Latex are provided on this page.
Step 2. Convert your paper to PDF. This should be done using PDF eXpress. To do this, log into the IEEE PDF eXpress site here (https:/ieee-pdf-express.org/):
First-time PDF eXpress users should do the following:
1. Select the New Users - Click Here link.
2. Enter the following:
· 58210X for the Conference ID
· your email address
· a password
For new PDF eXpress users, upon creating a new PDF eXpress account, an online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup. Previous users of PDF eXpress should simply enter the same email address and password that were used for previous conferences; however, note that this information is not necessarily the same as what you have used for EDAS (which is a completely different system). Verify that your contact information is valid. You might be asked for a new password for this conference.
If you are a new user or returning user to PDF eXpress:
1. Continue to enter information as prompted, including the upload of your paper (Word or PDF).
2. Once completed, PDF eXpress will return the PDF of your manuscript (or summary) to you via email. If there are problems in converting or checking your manuscript, the email will explain such problems.
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT AUTHORS SUBMIT THEIR MANUSCRIPT TO PDF EXPRESS, EVEN IF THEY ALREADY HAVE GENERATED A PDF FILE FOR THEIR MANUSCRIPT. IEEE XPLORE HAS DEMANDING DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS, AND THE EDAS SYSTEM WILL RIGOROUSLY CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT THE IEEE XPLORE REQUIREMENTS ARE MET. USE OF PDF EXPRESS WILL SAVE YOU CONSIDERABLE TIME IN AVOIDING DOCUMENT FORMATTING PROBLEMS.
If you run into difficulties with PDF eXpress, contact IEEE Support (https://supportcenter.ieee.org/app/answers/list). Type PDF EXPRESS into the search box. Most questions can be answered here, but if your problem persists, contact IEEE by hitting the "Submit a Question" button. PDF EXPRESS IS MANAGED BY THE IEEE. NEITHER COMCAS STAFF NOR EDAS IS QUALIFIED FOR ANSWERING QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS SITE.
Step 3. Go to your paper’s account in the EDAS paper submission systems. This is performed by logging into the following link:
This link should bring you to a page that looks like this:
Once you are at this site, simply enter the login information that you had already used to submit your initial manuscript. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. If you forgot your password, click the icon to reset your password. If you have persistent problems in accessing EDAS, please contact EDAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4. Go to your Paper Information page.
This is found by going to the top menu My... then clicking "My papers". Your paper's information will then show on the Paper Information screen, as shown below.
At this point you can enter any modifications to the author information. This includes addition and dropping of authors, changes of their affiliations, etc. For example, to add authors click the “plus” icon next to Authors, then enter the revised information starting with the new author's email. Changes to existing author information occur through clicking the Edit icon (box with a pencil) next to each author name.
Step 5. Sign IEEE Copyright Release Form.
This process is built into the EDAS system, and brings you to an IEEE site that guides you for submitting the copyright information. Scroll down your Paper Information page to the following line:
Click the cross icon on the Copyright line as shown above. This brings you to the EDAS Copyright page with the following contents:
Click the button "IEEE Copyright Submission" and you will be brought to the IEEE Copyright Form submission page, shown as follows:
Follow the steps and enter the information as requested. During this process, a page will come up asking if your paper was authored and is presented by employees of the US or UK Government; please check the appropriate box. When you complete the IEEE Copyright page, you will then return to the EDAS page. Note the button "File name for scanned copyright form" is available for those authors who wish to have a copy of the filled out IEEE Copyright Release form stored on their computer (ignore the Special Copyright Stamp button).
Step 6. Upload the full Manuscript.
Scroll down further on your EDAS Paper Information page until you see the entry resembling that below (look for a cloud icon labeled as Final Manuscript):
Click the cloud icon (shown circled in red above), then follow the paper upload instructions. REMEMBER TO HAVE COMPLETED THE PDF EXPRESS PROCESS DESCRIBED ABOVE BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR MANUSCRIPT. This is because the IEEE Xplore processing goes through a rigorous series of formatting tests, which PDF Express helps to address.
Step 7. Completing the submission and making further changes.
The above steps complete the Manuscript Submission process. At this point you may click the drag down menu item "Logout" from the EDAS top-level Home menu item.
If you need to return to the Submission Management page, simply log into your account at https://edas.info/N30559 and select the appropriate menu item. Prior to 4 Sept, you can resubmit your Manuscript document as often as you wish to made changes to it, add authors, change author information, etc. Resubmit your Manuscript document by clicking the cloud icon.
If you need additional information about the EDAS system, please refer to the following links:
We hope that you find the submission process easy. We look forward to seeing you at COMCAS 2023!
Amir Boag, Technical Program Chair, COMCAS2023 Technical Program Committee
Ben Epstein, Publications Chair, COMCAS2023
Shmuel Auster, Conference Chair, COMCAS2023